Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lazy Weekend


BEFORE I FORGET: New buttons on the right ----> - you can now follow me by email. You enter your email in the box and you will get updated everytime I make a new post. Yep, this one is for you, mom.

Anyway....
Today my boss said she was taking my hours of work for me so I got a second day off in a row - yahoo!!! No idea why she did this but don't ask questions, right!!

Yesterday I didn't do much of anything all day. I was pretty tired out from our big day Friday. I wanted to hang out in my room and work on updating my blog and doing other stuff (finally I am caught up - seven posts in two days - man!!). I went to the grocery store with Pascal, another girl who is new whose name I forget (She is the director's daughter) and Quintin. It was good. I might have enough food now to last me forever! At least the non-perishables. It is hard to put 5 people in one fridge. We try not to buy a ton of fridge/freezer stuff. Anyway after the grocery store we were about to leave but the chef called someone and asked them to buy him porc and tomatoes so we had to wait. Then Quintin anted to go to LiDL, a different grocery store because he thought it was cheaper. Then the Director called us because she ran out of gas so we had to go to another store to find her and pick her up and take her back with us. haha what a trip! I keep trying to buy different kinds of French cheeses but I am buying all the wrong kinds - stinky and strong!! I kind of like them a little but can't eat a lot.

You know they don't have bags at grocery stores - you have to bring your own or buy them there. I have two I've bought, only a euro each, but they are nice good bags! They are big too! Also they don't have people that put your stuff in your bags for you, you do it yourself. It is hard and stressful to finish before the cashier is ready - i'm still learning!

We came back to the house and had a girls' night where Pascal Marine and I sat around the table and just talked and drank some aperitifs. There were Belgian families that stayed for two weeks that we really got to know and love. When they left, they came over and gave us all of the extra food and alcohol that they had bought while they were here - so nice! It is still lasting! We ended up having a great conversation about religion and political/religious tensions in France vs. Us. It was so cool and really engaging!

I have started to go to Aqua Gym - a class my housemate Pascal teaches twice a day when I can. Usually this means Friday-Sunday. There is also a fitness class but it is only offered on weekdays so I am going to try to make myself go every Friday (my day off). It's at 10 am though and I usually stay up late the nights when I don't have to work the next day! Anyway Aqua Crazy was cancelled Friday and Saturday because the other lifeguard had a day and a half off and we need two lifeguards to have the class (one to teach, the other to surveil the pool). I have been feeling bad and wanting to work out more so I was really bummed when it was cancelled twice.

Chris calls me everyday and reminds me I should do my situps and jumping jacks (because I can not force myself to do squats like I should it is just TOO BORING) and I ignored it for a long time but now I am on my grind and I started. I did them yesterday and today and went to aqua gym today. It was especially good today i am not sure why.

Lastly I remembered something I never wrote about  I don't think - karaoke!! We have karaoke once a week for the guests and I LOVE IT! When I am not working it, I come anyway because it is fun! I sing a bunch of American songs but I have learned SOOOO many classic French songs this way too! It is HILARIOUS becuase they have taken American songs and changed the words to French but kept the song and the tune the exact same and they French have no idea there is an American version. My favorite is the "Oh, What a Night" which changed to "Cette année là." The subject matter of the song is completely different as well! I put a link in the R-sidebar to a page with all of the new songs and video's I've learned on the side bar on the right. That way I can update it and you can always click in the same spot instead of scrolling back to find this post and click something. Hope you are more cultured when you finish and you find the songs as amusing as I do!  Also I put my updated new vocab list over there. It is hard to remember all the new words I'm learning because there are so many and sometimes I use the new ones so much I forget they are new!

Sorry if my writing has gotten sloppy and boring - I am ready to be done updating the past and updating more frequently so I don't have to do a purge like this again! Makes me tired! haha! Thank you so much for reading, seriously. It makes me SO happy to see comments and I am so thankful to my mom and K-Lars and Rachel for commenting already. THANK YOU! :) All of my love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie, I am so glad you are writing this blog (funny, when I was your age it was called a diary, handwritten, and didn't include videos, music, pictures!) because when you get older, it will always be something to take you back to this time in your life when you were younger. I was so sad to read how unhappy you were, and I knew it from fb chats with you, but you went into much more detail here. But I am glad you are happier now and hope it STAYS THAT WAY - also I am exactly like you when it comes to seeing fireworks. Yes, they are meant to be festive and celebratory, but the sound of them always upsets me. Thanks too for making it easier for us to know when you have a new post to your blog. I am going to have Daddy read this now - ttys!

    ReplyDelete