Monday, July 7, 2014

All my friends left

WOW. It has been a long time since I have written a blog post. What I am going to do is update with a bunch now in the time sequence it would have been in if I wrote them in real time. I don't want to overwhelm you with one giant one so I'll break it up for you. In fact, I am going to set the date back so you can see when this would've happened.

Well, all my friends left. Not really, but the people I was closest to are now not here anymore for many various reasons.

My roommate Tatyana wanted to switch sites. She had problems with the management and also wanted to be closer to her boyfriend who lives in south west France. The director did not permit her to change sites, so she left on Sunday morning and went to be closer to him. We talk often on Facebook and as far as I know she is doing well. We all miss her here though! I'm really nervous for a new roommate.
This is Tatyana! 
Drinks at the bar at our resort one night




















Additionally, Monday (yesterday), Axel, a bartender, left. He got luckier than Tatyana and got a change of site. He now works in Frejus (only 30 mins away) on a campsite sort of. It is where people come with tents and RVs and he works in the bar there. He likes it much better and he's very glad he left because he wasn't happy here.


This is Axel - he let us put makeup on him and dress him up one night haha!
We knew we had to celebrate both of their last nights in town! The last night Tatyana was here Mathilde, Jason, Tatyana and I went into the city of Fayence. We got ice cream (YUM!) and you can see a picture of Jason here eating his 5 scoops + whipped cream. We ate it and went to a lookout point where you can see the entire city. We watched the sunset into the Alps. What a dream. Then, we went to a jazz festival in the city. It was highly publicized and upon arrival there were a lot of cops! We thought it would be poppin! We were wrong. Only thing that was popping was probably the joints of some elderly folk becuase everyone there definitely got the senior citizen discount. We even got "sush"ed for talking during the break between songs. We stayed for a bit but it didn't take long for us to have our fill.
driving into Fayence
The building behind where the jazz festival was
A beautiful fountain in the city
Jason with 5 scoops!
Looking out over the city

Me with the jazz festival behind me
Tatyana
Axel's last night we tried to go bowling. I thought it was crazy that they had bowling in France and I was so excited! Until we found the bowling alley... well half of it. It had burned down in an accident and had never been renovated again. That put the end to that. Instead we went to a restaurant and had a couple beers with basically everyone that works with us.

The good news is there is an ice cream place with BAGELS next door to her!
Today, Mathilde, who lives in my house, is moving out. The resort doesn't have enough room to house all of the employees on site so they bought an apartment in the city. It is a 3 story apartment which starts on the 3rd floor of a building - you get so high up you can see the ENTIRE city from the kitchen. It is beautiful. Mathilde is really sad because Axel and Tatyana have been here with her since she started. She feels like she is the only one left and that it wouldn't be the same here without them. She is able to move to the apartment because she has a car and can drive to work every day.

It will be a lot different in our house without the two of them, with a new roommate, and living with all new people. Everyone that lived in the house when I moved in no longer lives here and I feel weird about it. I will keep you updated.




No comments:

Post a Comment