Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Marine Life!

So, every Tuesday there is a soirée in the restaurant called "moules-frites." I believe I've already mentioned this but it is where you pay a set price for a bottomless (but not really because we never have enough) plate of mussels and french fries. It also comes with a house made dessert (usually made by my roommate Léa).

Each time it is followed by a dance floor party, for about 4 hours (SO LONG). The animation team (which I'm part of) helps out with the soirées sometimes by helping serve and clean up, but mostly just playing games with the guests throughout their dining experience. Usually we wear marine colors and stripes to fit in but yesterday we wanted to have more fun.

I was dressed up and made up by my boss like a mermaid and Jason was a pirate. We gave all of the diners peices of paper with 4 options of multiple chocie answers. The question was as follows;

Teles is a mermaid who comes from the United States. How many miles/kilometers did she have to swim to get from New York to the port of St. Raphael?

OK I know.
1) I wanted a mermaid name. We looked on wikipedia, obvi, most reliable source. I chose Télès because it means "the perfect one." ;)
2) We had to say from NY because MI doesn't have an ocean border.

It was so fun and some girls really believed in mermaids. And I got to sit on a barrel half the night and look pretty. So that was fun. Here are some pictures :)





1 comment: