Wednesday, July 16, 2014

An Exciting Evening

Things have been going much better here. I am spending a lot of time with my friends and after work I don't just go home by myself - we always all meet up at the bar or go to the guys house with everybody. I have been missing Mathilde and Tatyana in my house, but really loving living with Léa. She is wonderful.

I only had one free night (off of work) this week, which was today, Wednesday. Mathilde and I went to Frejus to have dinner with her grandparents. They live 6 hours away from Fayence but they are visiting their friends who live 2 hours from Fayence. We both drove a ways to get to Frejus to have dinner. We didn't have much time before we had to leave so we showered and got dressed super fast. In the end, her grandparents got extremely lost so we ended up waiting an hour for them anyway hahaha. We ate at a seafood place and I TRIED CALAMARI AKA SQUID EWWWWW! and now i am looking at a pic of it on google images and i want to barf yuck. i didn't like it. just so you know.
Where we were in Frejus
Yacht city!
Another shot of Frejus

When we were done we were both extremely tired and walked back to the car. We started to drive but heard a loud screeching sound .... flat tire. Oh no! We both worked on it and I even called my dad for help - big girls doing it right! Turns out we were too weak to even budge it hah! A man in a porsche drove by and then reversed. His wife talked him into helping us. They had a flat tire earlier that day. In the end everything worked out all right.

Mathilde trying to change the tire
Actually, everything worked out more than all right because something else amazing happened that night when I checked my email...... Drumroll please...... thank you, Josh.... I GOT MY FIRST JOB OFFER!!! :) I haven't accepted nor declined yet so I will keep you updated on that front as we go along. I don't want to give away too much info on here until it is for sure but the possibility is there! I may soon be a full time employed French teacher! YAHOO!

Thank you for all of the prayers you have already sent and keep them coming! My experiences here are very valuable, I know, and I am really improving in my French. Additionally - this job offer oh my goodness!! What a blessing eek! Happinessssss!

Random pic of the day:
In the city of Fayence by Mathildes -
A place to wash your hands! So pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment